This Big Board Game set includes the Map and Counters for the game, using an enlarged version of the 2007 artwork. All Big Board Games components are coated with a proprietary clear coating which provides protection from UV light and is scuff and water resistant.
A Big Board Game of EotS plays well: counters and stack height are easily seen over the entire board. Color and contrast are excellent. A very popular BBG title. Updated in 2015.
Extra set of Counters $ 45.00
Rolled Map – Approximately 48 x 72 inches, printed on coated paper bonded to thick Tyvek. It consists of two 48 x 36 inch sheets, trimmed to provide an apparent seamless Map when overlapped. (The original Map is 22 by 34 inches.)
Mounted Map – Approximately 48 x 72 inches, printed on coated paper adhered to 3/16 inch Poster Board. It consists of four 24 x 36 inch sections, overlapped to provide an apparent seamless Map. (The original Map is 22 by 34 inches.)
Counters – 172 1 1/6 (1.156) inch square Counters, printed on coated paper, mounted on 1/8 inch Foam Board, and precisely cut. (The original counters are 1/2 (.5) and 5/8 (.625) inches.)
Boxed Game Description
Description of Empire of the Sun – The Pacific War, 1941-1945 – a Mark Herman design
Publisher: GMT Games, LLC Designer: Mark Herman Developer: Stephen Newberg
Empire of the Sun is a 2 player game of the Pacific War. It is the third card driven design since he introduced the system to the hobby in We The People. EotS is a strategic level look at the entire War in the Pacific from the attack on Pearl Harbor until the surrender of Japan.
- Map: 150 miles per hex
- Units: Brigade, Division, Corps, Army
- Time: each turn is 4 hours
- EotS uses historical units. Naval units account for each ship that fought in the war. Air units are Japanese Army division or flotillas. Allied air units are numbered Air Forces. Army units are represented as Allied corps or Japanese armies, while specialized amphibious units such as the 1st Marines are represented at the division level.
- An array of smaller special units are individually depicted in the game’s order of battle.
- Campaign Game and Scenarios for each year (1942, 1943, 1944); and for the Shortened Campaign (1942-1945) and the Even Shorter Campaign (1943-1945).
- Extensive Examples of Play with depictions, Designers Notes, Bibliography, etc.
Medium-high complexity, Medium Solitaire Suitability. Contains a 22 x 34 inch Map, Rules Booklet, 165 Strategy Cards, two Player Aid Cards, 240 1/2″ and 88 5/8″ Counters, and one 10-sided die.