This Big Board Game set includes the Map and Counters for the game, using an enlarged version of the 2002 artwork. All Big Board Games components are coated with a proprietary clear coating which provides protection from UV light and is scuff and water resistant.
Extra set of Counters 20.00
Rolled Map – Approximately 48 x 72 inches, printed on coated paper bonded to thick Tyvek. It consists of two 48 x 36 inch sheets, trimmed to provide an apparent seamless Map when overlapped. (The original Map is 22 by 34 inches.)
Mounted Map – Approximately 48 x 72 inches, printed on coated paper adhered to 3/16 inch Poster Board. It consists of four 24 x 36 inch sections, overlapped to provide an apparent seamless Map. (The original Map is 22 by 34 inches.)
Counters – 83 1 1/6 (1.156) inch square Counters, printed on coated paper, mounted on 1/8 inch Foam Board, and precisely cut. (The original counters are 5/8 (.625) inches.)
Boxed Game Description
Description of Guilford Courthouse, March 15, 1781 & Eutaw Springs, September 8, 1781 – Battles of the American Revolution, Volume III
Publisher: GMT Games, LLC Designer: Mark S. Miklos
Guilford is a 2 player game of one of the five battles of Nathaniel Greene’s southern campaign. Guilford is a battle of maneuver. It was NOT an American victory, but it bled the British dry of officers and experienced men, and eventually convinced Cornwallis to abandon the Southern Strategy and American from the Virginia border south. Cornwallis waded through Virginia and eventually made his way to Yorktown, expecting reinforcements and supplies to arrive from New York by British convoy.
- Low counter density — offers lots of room for maneuver.
- Decisive, substantial and marginal levels of victory.
- Random play, not ‘I go, You go’ sequence assures variability of play.
- Army Morale track measures tenacity and will to fight
- Specialty units: American and German rifle fire; American Partisans
- 8 tactics chits with some restrictions to gain close combat modifiers
- Combat results that include Pinned, Captured, and step reduction
- Historical and campaign scenarios
- Setup in minutes, play in 2 hours or less
Medium-Low complexity, high Solitaire Suitability. Contains a 22 x 34 inch Map, Rule Book, including four scenarios, two Player Aid Cards, 176 5/8″ Counters, and one 10-sided die.